Ice Cream Payasam
- ½ cup sago
- 5 cups water
- 8 tbsp Fernleaf Milk Powder
- 1 cup gula melaka
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
- ⅓ cup black or golden raisins
1 pinch of saffron
- Mix the gula melaka well with 3 cups of water.
- In a wok, heat up the ghee and add the cashews and raisins. Fry until golden-brown. Turn off the heat and let sit.
- In another pot, boil the sago in 2 cups of water until the sago is cooked.
- Mix the Fernleaf Milk Powder and cardamom powder into the gula melaka water. Add this mixture to the sago
- Add saffron (if using) to the sago and cook until the mixture is thick.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Divide the cashews and raisins into 4 parts and place each part into an ice cream mold.
- Fill the 4 ice cream molds with the cooled sago mixture. Place the ice cream molds in the freezer and serve after the mixture is frozen.