- 100g of unsalted Anchor Butter
- 400g of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of self-raising powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 70g of castor sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Fernleaf Full Cream Milk + 195ml of warm water
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 80g of black raisins
- Preheat the oven at 175°C.
- In a mixing bowl, add unsalted Anchor Butter, sifted flour, baking soda, self-raising powder, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Add Fernleaf milk, vanilla essence and raisins into a mixer turned to low speed. Mix well.
- Make large sized doughs and roll to 1.6cm thickness. Using a round cutter of 2.5inch diameter, cut the dough and place it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. (Slowly fold the excess dough and roll again to continue cutting the dough.
- Brush the egg wash over the scone and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.