- 1½ kg chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp Fernleaf Full Cream Milk Powder
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 cm piece of ginger
- 10 garlic cloves
- 5 red chili peppers
- 1 large onion
- 3 stalks cilantro, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 tsp coriander seed powder
- 2 tsp white cumin seed powder
- 1 tsp each of salt and sugar, or to taste
- 1 handful of mint leaves
- 3 cups Basmati rice, washed and drained
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 lemongrass stalks, pounded
- 5 pandan leaves, tied into a knot
- ½ cup Fernleaf Full Cream Milk Powder
- 4½ cups warm water
- 1¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 2 tbsp Fernleaf Full Cream Milk Powder
- ½ warm water
- 1 tbsp rose water (or ½ tsp rose essence)
- 2 tbsp melted ghee
- 1 handful of mint leaves
- 1 handful of cashew nuts, toasted
- 1 handful of raisins
- Small amount of fried onions
- Small amount of saffron or yellow food colouring
- Mix well Fernleaf Full Cream Milk Powder, warm water and lemon juice. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Rub the Fernleaf Full Cream Milk Powder mixture and salt into chicken pieces. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Blend Ingredients B together with half a cup of water.
- Heat ghee and vegetable oil. Fry Ingredients A until frangrant.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces and stir fry for a short while.
- Add all other ingredients except for mint leaves and cook the chicken until almost dry.
- Add mint leaves and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Mix well Fernleaf Full Cream Milk Powder and warm water.
- Heat ghee and fry Ingredients C until fragrant.
- Add rice and stir fry for a short while.
- Transfer the rice to a rice cooker. Add the Fernleaf Full Cream Milk Powder mixture and the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Turn on the rice cooker. Once the rice is cooked, remove all herbs and spices.
- Dissolve 1 pinch of saffron in a quarter cup of warm water. Alternatively, you can use yellow food colouring instead of saffron.
- Mix well Fernleaf Full Cream Milk Powder and the other quarter cup of warm water.
- Mix the saffron water, the Fernleaf Full Cream Milk Powder mixture, rose water and ghee.
- Transfer two-thirds of the cooked rice from the rice cooker into a deep bowl.
- Add the saffron water mixture and mix well.
- Transfer the saffron rice back into the rice cooker and mix lightly.
- Remove half of the rice from the rice cooker.
- Add the cooked chicken with its sauces on top of the rice in the rice cooker.
- Cover the chicken with the rest of the rice. Top with the decorative ingredients.
- Turn on the rice cooker and serve when the rice is ready.