Italian Flat Bread
- 300g of sifted wheat flour
- 180g of Fernleaf Full Cream Milk Powder + ¼ cup of water
- 50g of unsalted Anchor Butter
- 1 teaspoon of dried Italian herbs
- ½ tablespoon of oil
- ½ teaspoon of fine salt
- Mix butter and Fernleaf Full Cream Milk Powder batter in a small pan over a medium flame until the butter melts. Take it off the flame and allow to cool down to a warm temperature.
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, salt, dried Italian herbs, and the milk + butter batter. Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixed ingredients into a kneading board and knead for a few minutes until the dough is soft. If the dough is too sticky, add more wheat flour.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover with cling wrap for 30 minutes.
- Once dough is rested, divide it into 4 sections and shape it into round balls.
- Sprinkle some flour on the kneading board, and knead the rested dough balls until thin
- Heat a non-stick pan over a low flame. Brush oil on the pan. Fry the flat bread until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve the flat bread with sambal or curry.